- The Guidelines
- Design Resources
- Print Your Piece
- Get Help
Missouri S&T logo
The logo features a bold “S&T" to symbolize our emphasis on science and technology. The stylized ampersand features a miner’s pickax that symbolizes our heritage as Missouri School of Mines and one of the first technological research universities west of the Mississippi.
Missouri S&T Horizontal logo
The logo features a bold “S&T" to symbolize our emphasis on science and technology. This version of our logo can be used when the primary logo will not fit into a design area - such as across a narrow band, on a pen or horizontal badge.
"S&T" only logo
The logo features a bold “S&T" to symbolize our emphasis on science and technology.
Joe Miner mascot
Rugged and individualistic, Joe Miner personifies the spirit of the old west and the determination to succeed. Joe Miner's official pose illustrates a walking stance, with one leg stepping forward. With gun holstered on his hip, Joe swings a pickax while balancing a slide rule across one shoulder.
Joe Miner mascot (head only)
Rugged and individualistic, Joe Miner personifies the spirit of the old west and the determination to succeed.
Missouri S&T’s historic emblem includes the following symbols that convey meaning to our alumni and friends:
- Crossed hammers remind us of our founding as the School of Mines and Metallurgy in 1870
- The gear, while signifying our historic emphasis in the mechanics of engineering, also challenges all alumni to pursue new ideas and knowledge, accept civic responsibility and serve society.
- The chain signifies the strong link between MSM, UMR and Missouri S&T graduates.
Use of the historic emblem requires authorization from the marketing and communications office. For approval and to request the file, complete this form.
Athletics primary mark
Missouri S&T’s athletics primary mark consists of a dominant miner’s pickax behind the abbreviated university name, “Missouri S&T." It is designed with a stylized shadow to illustrate action, as if the symbol is in motion. Both the pickaxe and the name are outlined in white to give two-dimensional depth and create an athletic look. The athletics primary mark may be used on all varsity athletics materials, including uniforms, equipment and marketing materials.
Use of the athletics primary mark requires authorization from the marketing and communications office. For approval and to request the file, complete this form.
The Missouri S&T identity program has the challenge of integrating academic and administrative entities (“departments”) and their hierarchies within a unified brand. A system of customized logos extending and reinforcing the university’s stacked or horizontal logo has been created for all such entities within the university. Approved vertical and horizontal department logos use either the stacked or horizontal logo. Department names must lock up in approved font and correct size. Below you will find these marks in alphabetical order. If you have any questions or if your entity is missing, contact the Marketing and Communications office.
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Support
- Academic Technology
- Accounting and Fiscal Services
- Admissions and Visitors Center
- Advancement Services
- Aerospace Studies
- Affirmative Action
- Alumni Affairs and Constituent Relations
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Arts Languages and Philosophy
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Opportunities and Employer Relations
- Center for Sustainability
- Center for Research in Energy and Environment
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
- College of Arts, Sciences and Business
- College of Engineering and Computing
- Computer Science
- Corporate Relations
- Counseling Disability Support and Student Wellness
- Geosciences and Geological and Petroleum Engineering
- Global and Strategic Partnerships
- Global Learning
- Graduate Studies
- Information Technology
- Institutional Research and Assessment
- Intelligent Systems Center
- International and Cultural Affairs
- IT Business Services
- Marketing and Communications
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Military Sciences
- Miner Alumni Association
- Mining and Nuclear Engineering
- Office of the Chancellor
- Office of the Dean of Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- Office of the Provost
- Payroll and Benefits
- Pre-College and Student Diversity Programs
- Printing and Mail Services
- Professional Leadership and Campus Engagement
- Project Lead the Way
- Psychological Science
- Recruitment Marketing and Enrollment Development
- Research Support
- Residential Life
- S&T Store
- Services and Operations
- Speech Communication Center
- Strategy Planning and Assessment
- Student Affairs
- Student Diversity, Outreach and Women's Programs
- Student Financial Assistance
- Student Health Services
- Student Life
- Student Success Center
- Teacher Education Program
- Technology Transfer and Economic Development
- Testing Center
- The Writing Center
- Title IX